Thursday, May 29, 2008

Where are the bike racks?

Great weather for riding the last few days. I had several errands to run and had to plan on how to get there by bike and how to get the items I would be purchasing back home. I rode to the health food store(about 6 miles one way) for a few things. Then I headed to the book store and the bank. One of the most difficult things is where to leave my bike. Very few of the places I have gone have bike racks so I usually lock my bike to a pole. So far it has worked out just fine. It has really become habit now to plan our activities around how we can get there by bike or if we do need to take the car we plan several errands in one trip. The exercise has been good for both my husband and myself. Our friends are asking about us riding the bikes for errands and how we are doing. This is making them think about their trips in the car also. They tell us the novelty of living on the trail is going to wear off and we will be back in the car. At this point we don't see this happening - we are having a great time riding our bikes around town.