Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Karen's off on a windy ride!


As we follow our friend Karen and her quest to find that fair-weathered day to ride, she writes and even sends us a picture! Here's what she had to say:

Here is a pic of me heading toward Cracker Barrell for lunch. The weather didn't cooperate with us this morning for breakfast so we stayed home until it cleared and headed out for lunch. It was fairly windy and the bike handled very well- after I figured out which gear would work best for the conditions. That wasn't difficult at all. When we first headed out I thought the bike and I were going to end up in the field to my right. But the ride went smoothly. We live exactly 2 miles from the restaurant going on the country roads. My husband and I were discussing that we never thought this would be someplace we would ride our bikes to.
We'll keep checking in with Karen regularly and posting it here on our website.