Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Gene checks in!


Our other Go By Bike winner Gene Cahill recently wrote us to tell us about his new bike and what all he's been able to do on it:


I have received all of my trek accessories along with my trek bike last week. Although the weather has not been ideal for riding I have managed to get out and ride almost everyday for short trips. The bike is fantastic! (although I have taken some razing from my family about the day-glow chartreuse jacket & jersey :-) My new Trek beats my 30 some year old Murray (which I still have) hands down.
My wife's car quit running last week, so I had to pick up a fuel pump and fuel filter for her car. So instead of taking my truck to O'Reilly's to pick up the parts I rode my new Trek bike. This wasn't my first ride, but I thought what a great theme for "go by bike" to fix your car! I should have taken those pic's.
And tonight I had a hair cut appointment which wasn't to far, maybe 3 miles or so. So I rode my trek to my haircut appointment.
But most of my rides so far have just been around my neighborhood. I cannot wait for the weather to get a little better for riding. I haven't taken any pictures yet, but I will. I was hoping to ride over to my granddaughters and get her out to do some bike riding. But I haven't had the chance. Those are the pictures I was wanting to send in. She is just 5 years old, but lets get her started young. She would love riding bike with Grandpa. I hope to get over there this weekend
.


We hope that the weather will get better for Gene (and the rest of us for that matter...) and can't wait for those pictures.