Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Gene on the Katy Trail.




We finally have had some good weather for biking! I have been able to get out and about most everyday since the last email. Besides riding locally I have had the opportunity to get out and ride with some friends and family. This bike is great, I am having some good times on my new Trek bike and meeting new people!



I have told people that I run into everywhere about winning the bike. I almost always the hear same thing, you here about these kind of drawings or winnings, but never met anyone. Now they have.



I am also learning a new respect for those who ride frequently. I have been working out attempting to loose weight and get in shape the last 5 months. Had I not been doing this for 6 days a week since the beginning of January I don't think I could have accomplished this ride. I along with may son-in-law did 26 miles of the Katy Trail last weekend! I have attached a couple of pictures taking breaks along the Trail with Kenny on his 89 Trek 1000. This was something I had not experienced before. What an awesome place to ride. I am looking forward to some more rides on the Katy Trail and exploring new places to ride.



If it was possible I would ride to work, not just because of the gas prices, but I enjoy the riding. I am using this bike not just for spending time getting back and forth locally, but to spend time with friends riding, getting in shape and with family out on the trails. I need to get my wife out riding a Trek. My next challenge.



Have a great time out on the bikes everyone!